Wednesday 17 September 2008

Sleeping In

I guess galloping about Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island last week took its toll. I slept in 'til almost noon yesterday and until 9:30am today. Wow! But I feel rested now.

I'm pleased to report that not only did I not gain weight on the trip, I lost a pound and this morning, I saw an even smaller number. Woo hoo!!! This meal plan is awesome!!! I'm not even really tempted to cheat and eat something totally outrageous. The worst infraction of my new dietary rules was eating a piece of garlic (white) bread with my whole wheat pasta. I also had 2 scoops of Cows ice cream during the week. And today, I ate 1/2 of a bun (also white bread) of my pulled pork sandwich. I'm very pleased that I'm continuing to head to my goal which now is about 10 pounds away.

I tried on some clothes today that I haven't been able to even get on for a couple of years. One of the golf skirts fits great and the other will be perfect when I lose a couple more pounds. Most of my pants and shorts are rather loose now. I may have to buy another pair of jeans when we go to PA and NY in a couple of weeks.

This afternoon Skip and I went to 'Jersey Boys' at the Toronto Centre for the Arts. It was excellent! I hadn't realized how many of the famous tunes had been done by them. The show outlined the backgrounds of each singer and how they came to create "The Four Seasons". Skip really enjoyed it and realized he'd never been to a show where her knew all the tunes.

Tomorrow I plan to hit the gym and do the weights and then get some cardio in.

I continue to soldier on with the Norwegian Woods scarf. I'm into the repetition of Chart C. I think there will be enough yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment