Saturday 6 September 2008

Sooo - eeee!!

Today, Skip and I went to the Oshawa Ribfest at Lakeview Park. It's a festive and often soggy affair (due to rainfall) where several BBQ rib companies compete for our gastronomic affections. It's free and outdoors. We ordered a modest lunch - pulled pork sandwiches with cole slaw and beans. There was at least a pound of pork in each of our sandwiches. We brought more than half of the lunch home and we'll enjoy it another time.

I've been making good progress on my Norwegian Woods scarf. Here's a closeup of the 'Winter Branches' portion.


















There are 4 transition rows of straight stocking stitch with yarn over increases at each end of the pattern and I've started the 'Budding Twigs' portion. That section will be followed by the 'Emerging Leaves' section and finally 'Leaf and Bower' before the last row where the beads are added before the cast off row. I'm still trying to find the right colour and size of beads. The scarf calls for 178 3mm or 8/O glass beads but I've exited from two stores empty-handed. I may end up not using beads at all.

I finally got outside to take some photos of the Angel Lace shawl in natural light.

No comments:

Post a Comment