Friday 4 September 2009

A Brush With Greatness

I finished the first 'Practice Makes Perfect' sock yesterday. I really like how the cables worked with this striped Regia Kaffe Fassett yarn.

















I ran a plain cable down each side of the foot. The cables mirror each other.













Here's a closeup of my favourite 'eye of partridge' heel:













I posted a photo of my sock as my profile photo on Facebook and got a comment from the cable goddess herself, Fiona Ellis, who is also one of my Facebook friends.

Fiona: Lovely spiffy sock!
Geri: I'm glad you like it, Fiona. The cable is from your "Practice Makes Perfect" scarf. :-)

Fiona: Wow..I'm thrilled to hear that.


Cool, eh?

I'm beavering away on the second sock and am about an inch from starting the heel flap.

Here's a recap:

No comments:

Post a Comment