Tuesday 1 September 2009

Practice Makes Perfect

After knitting the Earl Grey socks, I thought I'd knit another pair with more intricate cables up the side. I liked the Moon River socks but on closer inspection i figured I could design a pattern just as nice. I looked through the books I have with cable patterns and happened upon the 'Practice Makes Perfect scarf in Fiona Ellis' "Inspired Cable Knits". So I'm making 'Practice Makes Perfect' socks loosely based on the scarf pattern. I've had this Kaffe Fassett sock yarn in my stash for some time and think they look quite smashing.

I'm on the 'eye of partridge' heel flap and am still deciding what cable pattern to run down the sides of the foot.














Today Skip and I test-drove the '06 Subaru Forester for the last time and made the deal to buy it. The '08 7-seater Rondo would have been nice but we didn't need the 6th and 7th seats, the leather interior or the moon roof. Instead we went for quality, reliability and low kilometrage. We pick the Forester up on Thursday. The '96 Subaru probably would have done the Texas trip again without any problem, but this way we have peace of mind and a reliable vehicle that should last us at least 10 years.

1 comment: