Thursday 5 November 2009

Lehe II - Done!


Monday morning, Anne Marie and I headed to Buffalo for a 2-day shopping trip. I restrained myself somewhat and really only bought things in bulk for which I had coupons. Knitting-wise I didn't go to any yarn shops, however I did purchase the 2010 Knitting Pattern-a-Day Calendar , the Holiday 2009 issue of Interweave Knits and October Issue 18 of Yarn Forward magazine. While perusing the Yarn Forward magazine I was delighted to see an article on Selbu knitting by Terri Shea the author of "Selbuvotter: Biography of a Knitting Tradition" which was on its way to me from the KnitPicks 40% off book sale. There is also an article on Toronto yarn shops.

While away, I ran out of yarn binding off the Lehe II shawl. After getting home yesterday, I finished it up and got it blocked.

I bought these 2' x 2' nifty foam tiles for my lace class blocking demo and they've proved to be quite useful for blocking on Scooter's bed.





3 comments:

  1. Geri that is just beautiful! It makes me want to cast on for something from my Estonian Lace book.
    BTW...Terri has a new book coming out in the new year Norwegian Knitting Design and I was a testknitter! Hopefully my knitting was good enough to go into the book and I will get my copies in early January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO jealous you got to test-knit for Terri Shea. I am really enjoying her "Selbuvotter..." book and am now trying to decide what pattern I will undertake. What did you knit for her? I love the Estonian Lace book. The patterns are well-written (easy to follow). Just make sure you check errata before starting a project. There are a few mistakes in the earlier editions. Now I'm really looking forward to "Norwegian Knitting Design".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Geri...I knit a pair of mittens for Terri's book. There was a part of a chart and a small hard to see pic and basically that's it. No specific patterns so it was a challenge. The first pattern she sent me to do was really hard...I knit it twice and it still wasn't right. Terri agreed it was difficult and sent me another mitten to knit. I don't even know if there will be written patterns in the book yet.

    ReplyDelete