Sunday 1 November 2009

NaBloPoMo

This is National Blog Posting Month or simply, NaBloPoMo. The goal is to post a blog every day so here goes...

Hallowe'en has come and gone for another year.

We had between 50 and 55 trick or treaters.







Skip's traditional vomiting jack o' lantern was typically disgusting, particularly with the addition of some salsa that had been in the back of the fridge for months.












I kept myself occupied while waiting to answer the door. (Note the ball of yarn on the newel post. It is my 'on deck' project, the Every Way Wrap from the Fall 2009 Interweave Knits). The second Lehe Shawl I'm working on in the photo is in its final stages as I knit the lace border. As of this evening, I'm on row 13 of 16 in the border pattern and then will only have to bind off and block it and I'll be done!

Lehe II has become my constant companion. I took it to the yarn shop yesterday for knitting while sitting. It accompanied me on the GO train today on my way to meet Suzanne at Maple Leaf Gardens to see the taping of "Battle of the Blades". I knit on it for a few minutes in MLG while waiting for the show to start. (BTW, "Battle of the Blades" is great entertainment for a mere $5. The last time I'd been to MLG was for the Gloria Estefan concert back in 1992!). Lehe II will be coming with me tomorrow on my trip to Buffalo for some pre-Christmas retail therapy with Anne Marie.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh..your vomiting pumkin is so very disgusting...well done!
    I look forward to seeing you model your beautiful new shawl :)

    ReplyDelete