Saturday 21 November 2009

Naughty Knitting

Whilst searching Ravelry for Scandinavian mitten patterns, I happened upon this one. I have a nephew who loves to hunt so I decided to knit him a hat with that pattern. I found another pattern that is a basic lined hat with a Nordic star pattern for the public side and the copulating deer on the private side.

Public side                                                                       













Private side
I call it the Invertible Hat.

The Cascade 220 yarn is so soft - not scratchy at all. With the double thickness, it will be a very warm hat.








I found a neck warmer pattern that is to my liking called "Vent d'est vent d'ouest" by Marie A. Boyer. I've cast on the remnants of the mericash yarn left over from the "Scarf With No Name". I have about 150m of yarn which should be enough - I don't need it long enough to cover the head.

1 comment: