Sunday 31 October 2010

Cat In A Bag!

I have a large-ish paper bag with handles in my office. At one time it was loaded with my booty from the Knitter's Fair. Now, it contains my cat.

Cat In A Bag!
Sometimes he just sits there and has a bit of a vertical nap but usually he's all rolled up in the bottom of it with a paw over his eyes and he's snoring.
He definitely is not an aloof cat.

Yesterday I had a wonderful afternoon at Myrtle Station Wool sitting and knitting with Paula, Yvonne and Elizabeth. It was so nice to catch up on what we've all been up to and think about what projects we might want to knit next.I took my spinning wheel and got the last of my merino superwash plied.

I've been doing quite a bit of spinning and getting used to my new wheel. The two skeins on the left are 100% Corriedale that turned out to be worsted weight. Of the three merino superwash skeins on the right, the two on the right side are between fingering and DK weight - just right for the hat I want to knit. The other one is between DK and worsted.
Today's knitting class went great! Neither of my students had knit Continental style before and they picked it up right away! That makes it so much easier for their Fair Isle knitting because they can 'throw' with the main colour in the right hand and 'pick' with the contrasting colour in the left hand. They also did a great job on the two colour cast-on and we were all very impressed with their first Latvian braids.

We looked at some free patterns I had printed from Ravelry and talked about different applications for Fair Isle/Nordic knitting.We also discussed what techniques they might want me to teach them next. I'm pretty much game for anything, so we'll see.

I'm sure they both spent this evening knitting the rest of the cuff of their mittens and maybe even started in on the palm and back. I look forward to meeting with them again in two weeks to work on picking up the stitches for the thumb and finishing it up.

I got so inspired by their knitting, I started knitting a pair myself. I hope to get them done by the end of the week. No pressure, ha ha.

1 comment:

  1. figures. You could buy kitty a soooper expensive bed, kitty would still prefer the bag. contrary beasts.....

    ReplyDelete