Tuesday 26 October 2010

Sea Lettuce

This evening, I finally finished my Sea Lettuce scarf. I only had one last short row wedge left to do and grafting the edges together and I finally got it done. I used KnitPicks Imagination Hand Painted sock yarn in the Seven Dwarves colourway.
This is slightly closer and gives a bit better idea of the colours. I'll get some better photos tomorrow with the sun shining.

Here's a better idea of the colours after I had just started it.You can clearly see the short row wedges forming the rounded end. I really like how each picot is a different colour with this yarn.
Whilst at Rhinebeck, I saw a Haruni shawl and really liked the look of it. I had always disregarded it because the blocking looked like it would be a big pain in the butt, but the results sure would be worth it.  I'm using my Blue Skies seacell yarn that I hand painted in the summer.
It's a pretty easy knit. Except for the annoying finishing, it would be an excellent beginner pattern as there are only 8 rows in the pattern and it is very easy to memorize. It pretty much looks like a blob right now but I know it will look awesome once it's blocked (if I do say so myself).
This afternoon, Skip and I attended Scooter's all-city cross-country final. He did well last week, third on his team and 30th in the field of over 100. This week the result wasn't quite as good but good enough to make the Ontario Federation of School Athletic Associations (OFSAA) provincial finals on Nov. 6. I'm really pleased I will be able to attend as it is one of the few Saturdays I haven't got something booked this fall.

Here's Scooter in action.

And posing somewhat uncomfortably with his dad,
and his very proud step-mama.  ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment