Sunday 24 October 2010

"What Goes Up, Must Come Down"

♫"... spinning wheel's got to go round.... ♫"

Yes, indeedy, my Ashford Joy arrived on Friday  morning. It sets up pretty quickly. The flyer is screwed into place with a bobbin on it and the two bobbin spindles swing out and also can serve as a built-in Lazy Kate. I'm still getting used to it but have already spun and plied some 100% Corriedale. The 298yd are worsted weight and will be nice for a small lacy scarf or a hat. My goal is to spin and ply DK weight to knit a twisted stitch hat. Possibly the one in the Fall 2010 Interweave Knits magazine.

In the meantime, I put a push on to finish my Traveling Woman's shawl in the Dye-Versions 100% Bamboo yarn.

Ollie is helping me block it.

I really wanted to get it done and blocked today so I could wear it with a couple of fall/Hallowe'en outfits.

Last Wednesday, I attended this month's Trillium Embroidery Guild meeting. These finished pieces were on display.



One of the ladies also makes cards and has been working on these Christmas ones.



I also walked around and took some shots of pieces that are in progress.

This sampler pattern has many stitches to choose from. It uses #5, #8 and #12 perle cotton.
Cindy is working on a stitch-along. I'm guessing the theme here is Victorian (or thereabouts) ladies.


And there are a couple of Christmas projects that are nearing completion.


The hummingbird is being stitched over one thread!
I continue to work away on a little needle roll but only really work on it during this meeting once a month.

1 comment:

  1. Oh those handmade Christmas cards are gorgeous works of art!!
    Congrats on your wheel Geri :-))

    ReplyDelete