Monday 25 October 2010

Traveling Woman

The Traveling Woman Shawl was ready to be released from the pins and blocking wires this morning.
I love the drape of this 100% bamboo fingering weight yarn by Dye-Version. I bought the yarn at the Knitter's Fair in Kitchener back in September.
The colourway is called "Harvest". I liked the autumnal hues and hurried to finish it so I could wear it this week in particular and for the rest of the fall.
I'm determined to get some DK weight yarn spun up. I got about 133 yards spun and plied last night.
It's a merino superwash (I think) from pencil roving I got at The Black Lamb back in September at the Spin In. I need to get another 70 yards done to ensure I have enough for the twisted-stitch hat designed by Meg Swansen that I want to knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment