Wednesday 27 April 2011

Rose Trellis Stole - Blocked!

It was overcast yesterday when I took photos so indoor ones will have to do. (click on any of the photos to enlarge)
I could have made the inner rectangle another repeat wider but I thought the leafy border would be more interesting for the added width.
This was a l o n g shawl and measured 86" x 24" after blocking.
Here's a closer look.
The corners weren't as difficult as I thought they'd be. Basically, I did a whole repeat of the border in one stitch of the corner.
It should keep my arms warm in an overly air-conditioned room whilst boosting my 'chic' factor.

1 comment:

  1. That is an IMPRESSIVE shawl! I haven't worked much with laceweight recently, but I've got a bunch that's waiting for me to use it. Very inpirational!

    ReplyDelete