Friday 22 April 2011

Pysanky Reprise

In our home, Easter is not a religious holiday. It is a nice family long weekend - the only four-day long weekend in the year we enjoyed as teachers before we retired. However, I love to celebrate everyone's holidays - secular or religious.

A few years ago, I attended an after-school workshop on Ukrainian Easter egg (pysanka) drawing. Because it's more technical than creative for me, I took to the craft immediately.

Over the past few years or so I've drawn a couple of dozen pysanky. Last year, I even hosted 'craft night' to teach Marion and Elaine how to draw their own eggs.

This year, I just didn't have time to draw any new ones but I'm enjoying looking at ones from the past.
Here are the instructions to make this one.
Instructions are here for the next one.
And sometimes, one can even celebrate Hallowe'en with pysanky. This one was inspired by Martha Stewart.

No comments:

Post a Comment