Tuesday 19 August 2014

Combo Update

The larva that hatched early last week is growing steadily. It's half an inch long now. I have no idea where the other hatchlings are going. They just seem to disappear. I'm wondering if the bigger larva is eating the smaller ones...
I haven't found any eggs this week so that might be it for this summer.

On the knitting front, I have started the Ruddington sock four times and finally have the right yarn, tension, and needle size. I had to frog the previous version with 2.25mm needles as it was just too snug. I used 2.25mm for the cuff and switched to 2.5mm needles for the leg. It is working out much better.
I did an 'eye of partridge' heel flap, have picked up the gusset stitches and am on about round 6 of the gusset decreases. I will continue the cable pattern down the instep.

We have a new member of our Monday night spinning group. Alexa is fairly new to spinning and in two Monday night sessions has already noticed a significant improvement in her spinning consistency. She owns an alpaca farm with 10 alpacas of various colours. I hope to visit there sometime soon.

Only 60 days 'til Rhinebeck!!! Wheeee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment