Wednesday 24 October 2018

Confused Warbler Needlebook

I more or less finished the 'Confused Warbler' needlebook. 'Confused' because the bird is an indeterminate species. Green?

I want to embellish the leaf on the front.
I had fun doing various 'veinings' on the leaves on the back.
The inside is rather plain.  I used both pieces of white felt for the pages.
But the outside is comparatively snazzy IMHO.  My inconsistent blanket stitch gives it a primitive look, n'est-ce pas?
Barb, Jeanette, and I have signed up for a felt appliqué class at the Quilter's Cupboard in Uxbridge on December 7. We're going to go up there in a couple of weeks and look at the patterns offered.  I hope the project isn't too big as this little one ( 8" x 4" or 20cm x 10cm) was just about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment