Monday 29 October 2018

Needle Case

I found an easy pattern to make a sewn needle case on Pinterest. I bought wool felt for the interior on the weekend at From the Heart Quilt Shop in Bethany.

Instead of tracing the outline onto the wool. I cut a piece of freezer paper to 8 1/2" x 11" and copied the template onto it with my printer.  Then I ironed the freezer paper onto the wool and cut it out.
I drew the crossing lines onto the felt with a heat erasable pen and stitched it on, backstitching at the beginning and end of each line. Careful ironing ensured that the case would fold properly.

I then marked, poked holes with the awl, and attached the plastic snaps with the Dritz tool (purchased for 1/2 price at Fabricland).

All closed up.
This was a pretty easy project. Next time, I'll make a template so the interior felt is consistently 1/4" inside the outline of the outer piece. To save a bit of time, I'll do a search for other needle cases like this online.

No comments:

Post a Comment