Monday 27 May 2019

Blogiversary!

Today marks the 12th anniversary of me starting this blog. I started it just before I retired from teaching high school in 2007.
I just checked and it's the 'linen' anniversary. How à propos seeing as I'm a stitcher and all.

This is my 1609th post and I've averaged 134 posts per year. This has mostly turned into a place for me to refer to things I've done in the past 12 years. I use the search window at the right a lot for that purpose.

It seems many crafters have moved on to videos they post on YouTube but I don't think I could be that organized to have everything ready to show and record it without having to do a lot of editing.  It would be kind of fun to see who all is out there that would be interested in what I'm crafting on a regular basis. But I am going to stick with blogging as that is what I find the easiest. I don't mind learning 'new tricks' - I just can't be bothered with the burden of having to post coherent videos on a regular basis.

Back at the beginning of the year I thought I had lost the blog forever when my domain expired and I didn't renew it in time. Honestly, it was like a death in the family - losing 12 years of documentation of my life. But when I went back to using 'blogspot' in my URL, it all came back! Thank goodness! And all I did was uncheck one thing in my settings.

I've been working on 'The Beast'  - what I now call my sock yarn blanket. It's 40" wide and 56" long.
I only have 3 more 'squares' to knit. I was working on one of them (green one on top right) and just now realized I am knitting it in the wrong place. It should go where the right hand 'X' is. On the top left, the arrow is pointing to where I need to stitch the two squares together.
The final two will go where the other to 'X's are.
I then will be selecting a dark, neutral (charcoal?) sock yarn to do the i-cord binding all around the edges like I did with the first sock yarn blanket.
It finished it off nicely.
Today at my Monday morning stitching group I finished the pumpkins and their stems.
The little button fits quite nicely.

If you look closely, you may note that I stitched the wrong colour on some of the 'mortar' between the stones. I will probably pick it out and re-do those stitches.
It's going to look very spiffy once it's in a frame.
I need to remember to do some backstitching around the star in the peak of the house to make it show up a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment