Friday 10 May 2019

Order out of Chaos

For too many years my office/craft room has had too much furniture and stuff crammed into it. For my birthday, Skip got the 'Got Junk' people to haul out the treadmill and sofabed which finally left room for me to get my stuff organized.

I ordered a Billy book shelf and a Gnedby shelving unit online from IKEA to finally restore some semblance of order. We have a local pick up spot so for only a $20 fee, the items were delivered there and I picked them up on Wednesday. It was SO nice not to have to drive into The Big City to pick them up. And BONUS! I grabbed some Swedish meatballs, gravy, and lingonberry sauce on my way out.

I finally got both shelves assembled and into place yesterday. Now I need to figure out how I'm going to organize things to make optimum used of the space I have. I also need to get rid of a lot of stuff that I haven't been using for a while.
I'm hoping to house my smaller cuts of fabric on the narrower shelving. I just have a concern about the fabric fading in the sunlight so may, at some point, move it to a spot where the sun doesn't directly shine on it.
I've also almost finished Cinnamon Stars. I only used 'fancy floss' on larger elements of the pattern and DMC on the rest.  I really like how the hand dyed thread looks on the front of the house. It would have just looked flat with DMC.
 The sunflowers are very cute.
I'm going to put a couple of pumpkin buttons where some of the stitched pumpkins should go.
Then I'll finish stitching the rest of the pumpkins and I'll be done!

Just looking at the image, I think I need to outline the star on the front of the house with a dark grey so it will stand out a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment