Wednesday 2 October 2019

Chemo Cap and Cottage



I'm knitting a chemo cap for someone I know who is losing her hair due to chemotherapy treatment for cancer. I found this pattern  and rummaged around in my stash of cotton yarns for something appropriate. Cotton yarn is recommended. I didn't want to use dishcloth cotton but remembered I had some nice pima cotton DK weight and I actually found it!

I modified the pattern by casting on 16 more stitches and going down a needle size.
This should whip up pretty quickly.

I spent the weekend at Marilyn's cottage. We spent a lot of time crafting. I worked on my diamond painting, knit a bunch on my latest crescent swallowtail shawl, and some stitching on my Quilting Bee. There was no Wifi and very poor cellular coverage. We watched some movies on DVD, napped a lot, took walks, ate good food, and gabbed.

I took a couple of photos.

From the deck.
Sunset from the dock.
Looking up at the cottage from the end of the dock.
It was very quiet and relaxing. The leaves are just starting to turn.

I am so fortunate to have friends who want me to visit their cottage. It was a lovely way to spend the last days of September.



No comments:

Post a Comment