Tuesday 15 October 2019

Three More Projects

I stitched this little piece the other night. It's Pumpkin from JBW French Country IV. 
It's stitched on 28 count mystery linen from my stash with one strand of WDW Sweet Potato over 1 thread. I have always liked how JBW designs incorporate little elements within the bigger piece. See the squirrel, birds, basket, jack o' lantern, cat, acorns, heart, etc? Not sure how I will finish it.
I unearthed this piece the other day. All the cross-stitching had been done and about half of the stars. It's actually called 'Stars' by Drawn Thread. I love Drawn Thread patterns as they usually incorporate a few specialty stitches.
The red ones are Leviathan stitches. There were 4 sizes of gold stars. I used a brighter gold colour than called for in the pattern as the original colour was too dull for my liking. She's holding the Extra Large star in her right hand and a Large star in her left. The Medium and Small stars are also shown.
I just need 6 4mm buttons that are attached to the climbing vines between the houses. Barb and I are visiting our LYS tomorrow so I hope to pick them up then. I have plans to frame this in the near future.
I had a hankering to do some Hardanger last week so whipped up this piece on some Monaco remnant. The red perle cotton was in my stash so I only needed to buy #5 green to finish it up. There are supposed to be gold beads in the white squares in the centre but I didn't have them in my stash so will find something suitable. It measures 4" across. I'm not sure how I'm going to FFO it.
Tomorrow night at guild I'm doing a little demo on how to make cording using various items around the house. I need to start gathering up all the stuff I'll need.

No comments:

Post a Comment