Sunday 4 September 2022

Men's Blue Socks

For a while, I always had a pair of socks 'on the needles' and would knit away while watching the copious amount of YouTube videos at night with Skip. But I kinda stalled this summer. 

However, I re-started my pledge and finished up another pair of socks using my regular formula: 3 x 1 ribbed leg with 2.5mm needle,  eye of partridge heel and bottom of the heel with 2.25mm, extra length for a man's foot.

I'm not sure if I planned it but they turned out to be identical twins.

I don't remember what yarn this was as I had previously started a different pair with it but the intricate pattern I was knitting got totally lost in the patterning of the yarn so I frogged it.

I do continue the eye of partridge heel on the bottom of the sock as it provides an extra layer and will minimize wearing out in that area.
Basically, I turn the heel in the normal way but put stitch markers on each side of the centre sts and continue the slipped stitch pattern between the two markers.

I am beavering away on the next Pansy Patch Quilts and Stitchery house in the series: Houses on Pumpkin Lane. I want to get it done before I receive my next project from Teresa Kogut which could arrive next week.

This placement chart gives you an idea of what the piece will look like with all 9 houses. I've done Charts 1 & 2 (available for purchase from your LNS).


and am working on Chart 3. The vertical borders are free on the placement chart and the borders above and below each house are included in each pattern in the series. The 36ct fabric is Sand by Picture This Plus. I really love the autumnal theme with pumpkins, acorns, birds, and flowers. Each house's door will feature an iconic quilt block (churn dash, pinwheel, etc) and occur in other places on the house as well.

My stitcherly friends and I are looking ahead to all our activities for the fall. As of now I have two stitching retreats, a day trip to a quilting event, and we're trying to nail down some dates to finally visit the Hobby House Needlework shop in Pittsford NY - a suburb of Rochester. Hobby House opened a beautiful bricks and mortar shop in the Erie Canal area during COVID and we are finally able to plan a visit there. We all have our vaccinations up to date and ready to do our ArriveCan stuff on our iPhones for our return home. 

Skip and I will be spending a couple of weeks in the Rio Grande Valley as well.

So much to look forward to after 2.5 years of being cooped up.

No comments:

Post a Comment