Wednesday 14 September 2022

Seeing Double

I stitched this project a couple of years ago and decided to make two more ornaments. That random star was just my practicing. I used the extra large star from a Drawn Thread pattern I had in my stash.

I used 34ct Cosmo linen and the called-for DMC threads except a substitution for the called-for green. I used Cody Hoover's floss color tool (substitution tool) for that. 

The pattern is Barbara Ana's 'Holy Night' from the 2019 Christmas/Winter issue of Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher Magazine.

I stitched a Rhodes star, used gold Mill Hill beads for the stars and HotFix jewels for the snowflakes.
The cording will be one of the red colours and I have winter-themed fabric that will be the back.

It kinda looks like a snowglobe. I like the star patterns in the snow.  
So sparkly.

I have a good start on the piece Teresa sent me to stitch for her. There's a lot of filling in which is good for social stitching. I also finished the third house from Pansy Patch Quilts and Stitchery's "Houses on Pumpkin Hill" and await the 4th. Lori wants to release #3 and #4 in November. I'm pleased I've been able to keep up with my stitching commissions and still get some of my own stitching done.

Yesterday, Skip and I visited one of his mother's cousins in Stratford for the afternoon. On the way, I finished knitting the second heel sock. Basically, I just knit the heels and bind off once the gusset decreases are done. I used odd ends of yarn (the two aren't even the same colour) and didn't bother measuring the second one against the first.

I used an eye of partridge heel and continued the staggered K1, sl1, pattern on the bottom of the heel where I need extra thickness. I wore that area out on my previous pair.
I have very dry skin and put moisturizer on my heels at night. These heel socks keep my bedding from getting moisturizer on it. They're easy to wash, too.

Tomorrow 5 of us are going to a retreat place near Beaverton to attend a the  the SEW Quilty Friends Event IV of Border Creek Station. I have really missed spending time with my stitching friends. 

I had several over last Wednesday for a stitching day. This required that I clear all the crafty stuff off my dining room table where I've been working on various projects for the past 2.5 years. Since it was all tidied up, I hosted my Monday morning group this week as well.

Next week is our first in-person guild meeting since February 2020. The Trillium Embroidery Guild will also be celebrating its 25th anniversary with cupcakes and beverages. I'll also be  doing a little tutorial on finishing square stitched pieces into triangular scissor cases. During the summer some folks have worked on getting a stitched piece ready for this.

The fall has really shaped up to be full of lots of fun things.

No comments:

Post a Comment