Friday 16 September 2022

Not That I Needed a New Obsession or Anything...

Inspired by the hexie kit I purchased yesterday, 

I started attaching some of the fabrics to the hexie squares.  


My plan is to do three out of the 5 'flowers' for the little table mat I have in mind. While I did this, I watched a few videos on YouTube on this new-to-me technique. 

Of course, I needed something to contain all the little hexies I had made.


They fit quite nicely in here.

One of the videos inspired me to make a little hexie cluster with some of my own scrap fabrics. With my little cutting mat, I used some of the cardboard templates from the kit and trimmed my own scrap fabrics to fit.

With them all glued to the templates, I could begin sewing them together.

I'm not a huge fan of hand sewing but the whip stitching didn't take long at all.
I can see how one can become quite addicted to the meditative sense while at the same time, creating something that is darned cute.
My plan is to affix it to a piece of fabric and create a pin cushion. I can envision using projects like this for needlebook covers, decoration on project bags, stitchery totes, and the like.

My brain is whirling with all the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment