Friday 23 September 2022

More of the Same

A local dollar store had these great craft storage containers. I like the removable dividers - perfect for some of my tools and hexies ready to stitch.
I've been making 1", 3/4", and 1/2" templates by printing sheets onto card stock in my printer - making sure they're scaled to 100%.

The 1" ones went the fastest. The printed sheet is glued to 3 other sheets so 4 at a time are cut out.
Maker Jayne has a great video on how to do this. Here's the link to get her templates.

I ordered a pack of 56 - 9 3/4" pieces of printed fabric from Amazon. They are small prints which are perfect for paper piecing. The fabrics are very thin - not quilter's cotton but fine for what I'll be using them for. I may hand wash and press them to get them to shrink up a bit.
They were bundled by colour.

I made this with my newly cut 1/2" hexies.
It's itty bitty! There's such a difference in size from the 1" sunflower, to the 3/4" purple flower, to the 1/2" multi flower. I now understand why they have 1/8" gradations.
I used a really thin nylon monofilament thread to sew the little one together. It saved me having to find thread colours that would work. It's hard to tell but the centre is polka dots on dark brown fabric.
Last night I got my two rosettes sewn together. Now to make the third one which will match the one on the left, fill out the corners, add batting, sashing, a backing, and quilt it all together. 
 I may do some embroidery embellishing as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment