Saturday 22 October 2022

Haul

I've got a lot going on this afternoon so just took some quick pictures of the many items I purchased while on my road trip in the US. In no particular order:

At Hobby House WoolWorks (HHWW) I found some Teresa Kogut Stitchy Birds fabric and the cross stitch print from Blackbird Designs.

I'm all about the precuts, too. The bundle has many motifs I can use for my English Paper Piecing (EPP). And there's always a use for precut, white, 5" squares.
Hobby Lobby carries Zweigart fabric under their Artiste label. I liked the blue Murano Carre 32ct. and thought I'd try some 46ct in Oat and Ivory Bristol linen. Perhaps for some little wee samplers.
The 'Believe' book is really a container. I thought a stitched piece would work mounted on the top. There is a magnetic closure. 
Also:
  • more fabric with small motifs for EPP
  • a reel of red braid for finishing ornaments
  • 3 magnetic needle storage tubes with labels for needle sizes
  • some medium size button blanks - possible for punch needle finishing
  • one set of acrylic, diamond EPP templates
  • 2 Apple AirTag cases
Barnes and Noble had this nifty sticker book.
At Calico Gals I found more EPP templates and a pack of self-threading needles that I was running low on.
Calico Gals also had this template set for the Soleil pattern shown on the front. Enough paper templates to make two 'suns' and the two acrylic templates for fabric cutting.
Here are the 3 sets of EPP templates I got at Hobby Lobby.
Due to my expanding EPP materials, I needed another organizer.
At HHNW there were pears like this on display. This was a different pattern with three different ones. I also purchased the called-for Dinky Dyes Cranberry Cocktail floss. I haven't decided if I'll use it or my favourite variegated DMC 115.
I think I got this at JoAnn Fabrics. It has lots of ideas for what to make with small quantities of fabric like jelly rolls and EPP.
More:
  • 28ct evenweave fabric from Hobby Lobby
  • another pack of fat quarters with cute, small motifs for EPP
  • 2 spools of EPP thread in cream and grey
  • a pack of pearl buttons which I like to use for closures on my triangular scissor cases
  • 2 skeins of DMC 115 which we only found at Hobby Lobby
At our final shopping stop, The Old Tattered Flag, I got a little wicker, punch needle tote basket. There were wider ones that rug hookers could use for their hooks and wool strips.
I liked the 3D feature of this pattern, Under the Blooms, but held off buying all the called-for Valdani floss as I knew I had a bunch in my stash at home. I did purchase a skein of  the called-for house brand Grungy Green. Turns out I already had four of the 5 called-for Valdani flosses and the Grungy Green. in my stash.

Now I'm on the hunt for the missing Valdani #8 thread O576 - Weathered Hay. I need two balls for the background of this piece. It might be a while before I get it though. Shipping is astronomical - more than the cost of the items themselves. I'm open to substitutions. 

All in all, it was a good haul. Lots of 'bits and bobs' I wanted for various crafts and projects. There's a remote possibility I can get the Valdani floss while I'm in TX but I'm not holding my breath. For now, I just need to get everything put away.

And a COVID testing update - I tested negative again just now. If I test negative again tomorrow morning I will be attending the staff brunch of the reunion this weekend at the school where Skip and I taught.

With all those negative tests and the chores that I wanted to get done (mail packages, vote, make applesauce, dry rosemary from the garden), I now turn my mind to getting ready for our holiday in south Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment