Wednesday 5 October 2022

Stitching Accomplishments at Elim

I didn't rotate through all 13 projects/UFOs/WIPs that I took to Elim but I did work on quite a few and actually finished one and rang the bell.

On this Victoria Sampler piece, I just had the last bit to do underneath the kangaroo - the knit stitch in gold and silver. It was a simple stitch - one thread down and four threads over at two thread intervals. It took me 3/4h max.

I can't believe that's all I had to do to finish 'K is for Knitter'. The little brass key charm still needs to be stitched in place. The kit was a gift from Jen1 years ago. There were lots of fun, specialty stitches and beadwork. Most of it was stitched in 2020. 
I'm toying with the idea of ordering the frame online and framing it myself. 

I did the 'zero' on this Quaker sampler with DMC 115.
I started the Hardanger bits on the scissor fob of the Durene Jones Sunflower set.


and added the last couple of bees to the scissor case.
I'm using 31 ct instead of 25 ct so had to adjust the size of the outer border and moved the motifs  outward.

I did a wee bit on my turtle - that blue bit on the left.
Then I hauled out my long-neglected Newcastle Bouquet 
and filled in the flower.
I have a few more letters to do. I do like the look of my modification - Algerian eyelets in lieu of 4 cross stitches.
Lori brought the chart for the next flower in the Pumpkin Lane series. #1 and #2 were released at the online trade show in August - Needlework Expo.

so I did a lot of stitching on it. We were able to tweak a couple of colours. It was the first time she had seen in person the first three houses I had stitched for her. #3 and #4 will be released in November. Then 2 or 3 more in January then the rest at Market. I hope to have it all done by the end of January so she can get it framed before shipping it to Market. Hopefully she can get the charts to me in time.

I also did some work on the model I'm stitching for Teresa for which there is no deadline.

I took my English paper piecing and made another flower (top)

and last night I made a pin cushion which still needs to be stuffed and closed. I was inspired to do the pin cushion by this YouTube video. I used a few 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" pieces from the navy jelly roll for the 1" hexagons.
Not sure which will be the top and which will be the bottom.
I also watched an interesting one by Emma Jones Vintage Sewing Box. Doing a search on Etsy I found a sampler pack of forty 5" squares of Liberty prints at a reasonable price and shipping was reasonable, too. They should arrive from Poland in the next couple of weeks.
Smaller prints are best for what I want to make. I can get lots of 1/2" hexies out of a 5" square.

No comments:

Post a Comment