Thursday 24 August 2023

Making Some Progress

I got a response about the missing threads in my Cottage Garden kit and they're being mailed to me. The online list of items included in the kit say there is a calico (I think we call it 'muslin') backing fabric but I didn't get that either and just noticed it today. It's supposed to prevent the stitched holes from being too big and keeps the trailing threads from showing through. I'm carrying on but will make sure I use a backing fabric or stabilizer on my next project.

In the meantime, I continued on with the next steps - the alliums. Stem stitches on the stems and eyelets with beads on the flowers.


I didn't like how the white beading thread showed against the blue beads. Obvious on the right and bottom beads.

So I took a blue Sharpie and coloured the nylon beading thread. Unorthodox? Maybe. But it did the trick.

The beading thread was way less obvious on the allium on the right.

Then came the split stitches on the larkspurs. 
I needed two hands free to do the couching on the larkspur flowers using the bouclé silk. So I grabbed a clamp and clamped my hoop to the table. It worked pretty well.
One larkspur is completely finished.
I put it away and did a bit more filling in on my Live on Little. There are big swatches of colour which are great for social stitching. Will continue working among my various projects.

I also want to make a project bag to give to someone who helped me out a couple of weeks ago. Fabric selection will
be tomorrow's goal. Of course, I'll be shopping from my stash.

Barb got herself to Michaels to pick out some beads to make more zipper pulls for her bags. She picked some nice, blingy beads to match perfectly. So fun! Now she's addicted and is ready to get the set of pliers/wire cutters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment