Sunday 6 August 2023

Practice Piece is Done

At our guild's stitching day yesterday, I finished the practice piece I was embroidering.

Very sweet and simple. I cut away a lot of the water soluble stabilizer.

When I got home I was eager to wash it away. I did rinse it a few times to make sure I got all the floaters off.
Then I laid it flat to dry. It still needs pressing.
Now I have to agonize over what fabric to use for the back and lining. If I can find another piece of linen big enough I'll use it for the back.

Things might be looking up on my skin cancer removal odyssey. It has been a hell of an ordeal trying to find a surgeon who will do the job sooner than three months from now.

In the meantime I distract myself with streamed TV, YouTube on various subjects, and obsessive crafting. I'm way less stressed out today now that I know I may have a couple of viable options.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment