Wednesday 18 September 2024

Home From Away and a Wee Hobbes

I had a seamless trip home from Colorado yesterday. Francey got me to the 5:35am (MT) shuttle bus. As I had checked in online ahead of time and didn’t plan to check my suitcase I got through security quickly and found my way to the departure gate. The breakfast offerings in that area of the terminal were pretty bad so I had a yogurt with fruit and granola. 

Of course there was a call for some folks to check their carry-on bags. I volunteered mine as it would move me from boarding group 5 to boarding group 2. It also would be the first suitcase off the plane at our destination. The flight went quickly for me as I listened to several episodes of a podcast.

Upon arrival, I checked that my suitcase had actually been loaded and the app made it look like the suitcase was still in Denver. I had a slight anxiety attack but realized there was nothing in there that I needed right away. Once through the automated Customs area and Immigration, I ventured down to the baggage claim (lots of walking) and there was my suitcase. I think the AirPod needed to be connected to Wifi to register properly - crisis averted. 

It was my first time using the UP Express - very easily located in Terminal 1. It was a very quick and comfortable ride to Union Station using my Presto card. Then at Union, I had about 10 minutes to get to my GO Train. Once aboard, I texted my neighbour to let her know which train to meet to retrieve me from the GO station.

It was good to be home. The house was very stuffy so I got all the windows opened to cool the place off in the cool of the evening. 

I worked away on the tail of the little Hobbes I’ve been crocheting. I decided to watch a couple more YouTube videos on a jogless join. This morning I started a second tail and just finished it. I made it one stripe of each colour shorter, too.

I got better at the jogless striping as I had more practice.
All that I have left to finish are the muzzle, tummy, and ears. 
This is DK weight yarn. Fingering weight would make an itty bitt Hobbes

It’s been a pretty fun project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment