Monday 23 September 2024

I FFOd Maggie Mae

I kinda made a pact with myself that I wouldn’t start any new projects unless I finished one - either finish stitching or FFOing. Aside from finishing the Sunflower Hardanger Pocket and starting the Whitework, I have another project I want to start, so I thought I’d FFO another one.

I’ve had the fabric for the back for several weeks.

First, as per the instructions,  I drew around the back of the stitching 1/4” away from the edge of the stitching with a pencil.

Then, with the right side of the lining facing the right side of the stitching, I sewed on the drawn line with my sewing machine leaving the bottom open for stuffing. After clipping the round bits and into the corners, I turned it right side out and stuffed it. Then sewed the bottom closed.

The instructions state to attach 6 strands of the teal threads and double knot at the opening of the cardigan. Instead, I tied a little bow and added a drop of Fray Check to secure the bow.

The designer gave a template for a piece of felt to be cut and attached to the back to create a little scissor pocket. I won’t be doing that; I’m happy for it to just be a cute, little pincushion.

I’ve emptied that project bag and can now use it for another project..


No comments:

Post a Comment