Friday 6 January 2012

Angry Birds and Shaun the Sheep


I saw a lot of Angry Birds stuffed items for sale this year.






Skip and I played the game obsessively on our iPod Touches at one point.

Today whilst reading Dani Miller's blog, 'Knit, Stitch, Click' she cited a tutorial for making an Angry Bird stuffed toy.

It looked like fun to make out of fleece or felt but wouldn't it be fun to knit?

Sure enough, on my Ravelry search, Knitterbees has designed free patterns for the red bird,  the green pig, and the yellow bird.

Last night my enabling BFF, Mo, was knitting a Shaun the Sheep DS cover by Kirstie McLeod. Later at home, I found some fuzzy yarn (Patons Pixie) in my stash that would be awesome for Shaun's fleecy coat. I knit a swatch and I will need to use worsted weight yarn for the background and Shaun's face. Like Mo, I'm going to create a fabric-lined, zipper bag for knitting or sewing notions. (Photos by stacyprince)

This post-Christmas knitting is going to be fun!

1 comment:

  1. These look great! My wife made Angry Bird hats for out whole family. The kids just love them!

    ReplyDelete