Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year! Bonne Année! ¡ Felíz Año Nuevo !

Skip and I had a very nice New Year's Eve at home. He watched football 'til about 9 and I was working on my little sewing project, a business card holder from this tutorial.
 

At about 9 we started watching a delightful French-Canadian movie that we had borrowed called "La Grande Séduction" (The Seduction of Dr. Lewis). It was quite reminiscent of a French movie we had seen last year called "Bienvenue aux Ch'tis" (Welcome to the Sticks). Both about city people forced to move to a very remote area to live and how they learn to appreciate the simpler way of life. Note: The public library is about the only place we can find DVDs any more. Check your library's DVD collection out. You'll find lots of good movies to watch and for free!

At midnight we toasted the new year with our tiny bottle of Freixenet
 and then played with our computers for a while, then went to bed.

By the way, I completely forgot to mention my 43rd 2011 knitting project - my denim-coloured Cassidy cardigan.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment