Saturday 7 January 2012

Shaun the Sheep

I knit the Shaun the Sheep case last night while watching "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" DVD from the library. It was an easy intarsia knit. I knit the entire project during the movie.

My handspun was too thin so I found some blue acrylic and it worked well with the black wool and fuzzy white yarn.

I had the googly eyes from some other project.

I modified the pattern by doing 3 rows of stocking stitch after the cast-on then a purl row then the 28 rows of plain stocking stitch for the back. When I finished the chart on the front, I again did a purl row then 3 rows of stocking stitch before binding off. The 3 rows of stocking stitch will be the seam allowance for the zipper.

I'm going to line it with some fabric or other - maybe from my stash, maybe I'll buy a fat quarter.

Thanks for the inspiration, Mo!

2 comments: