Monday 2 January 2012

Potato Chips

In a blog I was reading the other day, someone referred to a project they were working on as a 'Potato Chip' project. From the context, I inferred that they meant a project of which they couldn't just make one.

The Christmas balls have been like that for me. In fact last night I knit another one. It is my own design based on the Selbu star. This time I did use a white background and just didn't anchor the strands of red yarn.
This is the fifth ornament I've knit from the same two balls of red and white yarn. I've used exactly half the red skein (the colour I've used the most) so I will be able to get 10 ornaments from the two balls.

I've also been working on a comfort shawl for a friend of mine whose husband of 52 years passed away at the beginning of December. It's the Everyway Wrap from the Winter 2009 Interweave Knits magazine. I'm using Cascade 220 superwash and am about half finished.
I like that the cables are reversible and not hard to execute.

Speaking of potato chips, I feel a sock project coming on...

No comments:

Post a Comment