Sunday 3 December 2023

Another Ornament FFO and the Jingle Ball

I finally made the cording to finish this ornament. It's been mounted on the foamcore for a week - I've just been lazy.

I used #5 DMC 815 Perle cotton - 5 strands. It used almost a whole skein of the floss as each strand is 3x the desired length. I measured around the ornament, allowed extra for the hanger and 'tassel' on the bottom.

I'm loving my new Aleene's Original Tacky Glue dispenser bottle. Being upside down, the glue is always ready to flow and the narrow tip is perfect for attaching cording.

I just used craft store felt for the back - nothing fancy - and affixed the silver charm with black thread.

Once the cording is attached, I use two strands of the same colour of DMC floss to secure the cording at the top and the bottom. I put the needle through the two cords then wrap around a few times and stab the needle back through the wrapping, back and forth a couple of times.

I'm very pleased at how it turned out.

I've also been participating in the Jingle Ball. I signed up for Liz Mathews' two classes. Santa's Night Tree  yesterday afternoon and Mini Wreath Ornament today. I had already fashioned a wreath ornament ahead of the class but appreciated the helpful finishing tips she provided today.

Here's the one I created using a wreath ornament from Canadian Tire (blogged about previously).
This was done before all of Liz' helpful hints. Next ones will incorporate more of them. Unfortunately Teresa Kogut's meet and greet was at the same time so I missed chatting with her this time.

Last night I knit Day 2's 6 rounds from Arne and Carlos' Advent Stocking.
I was all gung ho to knit Day 3's pattern this afternoon, but it wasn't uploaded yet. Arne and Carlos do a daily chat and don't post the updated chart until after the video has been posted - after 6pm Central European Time (noon Eastern Time). I just checked and it's up so I will print out the chart and sit with Skip while he watches DAZN (The Red Zone - an NFL (American Football) channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment