Friday 1 December 2023

I'm a Bonehead

 I thought I was all ready for Day 1 of Arne and Carlos' Advent Stocking. I selected the yarn, downloaded the instructions for the toe, knit the toe with the red yarn over two evenings, and waited excitedly for the first day of December for the chart for the first 6 rounds.

Part way through the afternoon today I realized IT WAS DECEMBER 1ST!!! So quick like a bunny I went to Arne and Carlos' blog to download today's chart. I was horrified to realize I had missed the very first instruction, to knit the toe with the GREEN yarn. Augh! 

So I ripped out the red toe, wound the yarn, and re-started the toe with the green yarn. At the same time, I tuned into the Jingle Ball and started knitting. Of course, my full attention wasn't on knitting the toe so I made a couple of mistakes on the increases but I got to the 72 stitches in fairly short order. Then I knit the 6 rounds of today's pattern.

I'm all caught up and ready for Day 2's 6 rounds.

I've been enjoying the Jingle Ball. There have been some glitches getting into some of the rooms - too many people wanting in but I finally got into a couple of them. The Ballroom has ongoing entertainment much of which I've saved to re-watch later. I just need to figure out how to retrieve the videos.

Tomorrow is my guild's stitching day where I hope to get some stitching done on several of my WIPs.

No comments:

Post a Comment