Thursday 14 December 2023

Days 12 and 13

 Day 12

Day 13.
Day 14 is downloaded and printed and will be my evening stitching. I made a movie of my progress this far: (click on play twice)

I continue round and round on the Musselburgh. I'm still enjoying the knit.
Yesterday, being the first day after Skip's last radiation treatment, I got a lot of things checked off my 'to do' list. I found exactly the items I needed at a store in Oshawa. WalMart was next door so I got all my grocery shopping done there. Then off to Home Depot for another item I needed to complete a Christmas gift. Then to Kettlemans for some bagels. 

Once home, I baked Skip a birthday cake and some cupcakes. I finished decorating the tree and putting out some of my favourite Christmas items in the house. 

Skip's friend, Bob, was coming over to visit and I had promised him some cake. We had a nice visit and I left the men to their conversations while I worked on a Christmas gift in the dining room. I put on my favourite Christmas music - an old cassette tape of 'A Charlie Brown Christmas', a Carpenters Christmas tape, and the Barry Manilow Christmas CD. I rarely play music except at Christmas but these tunes certainly lifted my spirits. I think I burned out after teaching and playing music for 40+ years but I think I need to play more tunes while I work on craft projects in the dining room.

We had a simple birthday meal of a delicious three-meat pie, mashed potatoes, garden salad, and dessert. We also lit our now-repaired (again) fireplace and had a cozy evening watching TV.

It wasn't a fancy birthday for Skip but we appreciated that he had one and we were together and doing OK.

I saw this on Facebook yesterday and it really struck a chord with me:
I'm all for searching out the 'glimmers' in my life. I had many of them yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment