Friday 15 December 2023

Day 14 and Decreases Started on the Musselburgh

 I quickly knit Day 14's rounds last night. 

We're back using white and green. 

I also started the decreases for the crown of the Musselburgh.
I should be able to finish it tonight. Fingers are crossed my calculations for the rest of the yarn were correct.

Now comes the search for yarn to knit a hat for Skip. I don't think he needs a double layer like the Musselburgh offers. I'd like it to be DK or worsted weight so I can knit it up quickly. With his hair loss from his cancer treatments, his head gets cold. I loaned him one of my hats (all of his are quite thick) but he should have one of his own. I have to test the yarn with him as he has a sensitivity to some wools. I may just whip something up from my acrylic stash.

I made the mistake of starting to watch the last season of 'The Crown' last night and stayed up far too late to finish watching the second episode. I have the rest of the episodes to look forward to.

I'm also listening to Ken Dryden's book 'The Class'. He writes about the lives of the people from his Grade 9 class at a suburban high school (Etobicoke Collegiate) in Toronto. Of the 35 from that class, he tracked down and extensively interviewed 28 of them and writes about their lives and life in general in  post war Canada. I recognize many of the place names and even heard a reference to the parents of one of Fred's cousins. The time period of his high school experience, 1960 - 1965, is around the time my siblings attended high school. It is quite an interesting sociological study of life in the suburbs, Toronto, and Canada. It has been a very interesting 'read' (I put 'read' in quotes because all my current reading is via audiobooks from the library).

Get togethers for the festive season begin today with lunch out with three former colleagues. Sunday is a stitch day at Barb's with the stitcherly gang followed by lunch out at noon. I've been working on getting cards ready for these events and the Monday morning stitch group. I still haven't composed our annual Christmas newsletter that I send with our Christmas greetings (now all via email with only a couple of exceptions). Lots of fun ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment