Saturday 6 October 2007

Family Wedding

Today we drove to Guelph, ON to attend the wedding of Skip's cousin's daughter. I guess that would make the bride Skip's second cousin. It was hot and humid today - perhaps even a record high temperature. It was a 'sticky one' as they say. The wedding was lovely in a beautiful Anglican (US Americans would say Episcopalian) church that had a fabulous organ and a very skilled organist. I could have listened to him play all afternoon.

After the wedding we had 2.5 hours to kill before the reception so after we dropped Skip's brother off at his office, we went to the Stitch Niche, a little yarn store on Norwich St. They had a very placid cat, Smudge. I purchased 4 balls of Filati Fantasia Carezza beige cotton yarn to make another market bag.













I'm still working on the hemp market bag.

Today in the car on the way to the wedding, I knit another little pumpkin in the 'curried' colourway from the 100% wool yarn I found a WalMart (who knew they'd have 100% wool?). It's called Georga wool and is mercerized. I'm not sure what that means but it sure is soft. I hope it felts nicely.













Tomorrow on our way back home, we're stopping into IKEA and then at Lorna's for Thanksgiving dinner.

I'm going to part with this little guy and give it to Lorna. My glasses are there so the relative size of the pumpkin can be determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment