Thursday 11 October 2007

Jaywalker (cont'd)

I didn't get going early enough this morning to go work out at the gym. I guess I didn't really want to go to the crowded one after all. I hope the floor gets done at the gym I usually go to. I did, however, do the obligatory half hour on the treadmill here at home with a hill simulation.

I knit some more on the first Jaywalker sock. It's a really hard pattern to 'tink' (knit backwards) if I make a mistake. I found it easier to just rip it back several rows and re-knit. I have turned the heel, finished the gusset decreases and have about 3" (7cm) of the foot done.

Chiminey Cricket came at the appointed time and has rendered the fireplace and chimney "safe". Goody, goody. As soon as we get some crisp weather, we're going to fire up that baby.

Today was the 2nd anniversary of the death of Skip's father, Archie. Skip first met the realtor up at my MIL's house to 'get the ball rolling' on the sale of the house. He then went to visit his mother in the nursing home. It was a good thing for him to do. Their visit lasted about an hour and was quite pleasant, according to Skip. I think it did them both good.

Tonight was the Sit 'n Knit at Kniterary. The regulars were there plus a new person (to me). I left just before 9pm to get home in time for "Grey's Anatomy".

I've been lazy about taking pictures. I got a nice one of Ollie today I wanted to put on Catbook (Facebook). I need to take photos of the Jaywalker sock in progress. Maybe tomorrow.

Tomorrow Scooter arrives for the weekend. He's growing up. Today he told Skip to meet him at the subway station tomorrow rather than in front of the school. I will likely join my former colleagues for a brew after they finish work.

No comments:

Post a Comment