Monday 1 October 2007

Working on another UFO

I'm 3 rows away from finishing the triangular shawl from p.32 - 33 of Prayer Shawls. I'm using Debbie Bliss alpaca/silk yarn. I'm too tired to finish tonight.

The pumpkin is still drying. It should be dry tomorrow so I can stuff it and sew the stem and vine on. I have the Lady Eleanor scarf to work on as well as the hemp market bag.

Today I booked our holiday to Cuba. It's a 4 1/2 - 5 star (by Cuban standards) resort - Paradisus Princesa del Mar Resort and Spa in Varadero. There are 8 restaurants (including a snack bar) and 6 bars including a swim-up bar. I've never been to Cuba so this will be a new experience for me. Skip has been there twice before on bird-watching trips. This is my first resort vacation as a retiree so we don't have to pay peak prices. The two of us will be able to go for the price it would cost one of us to go during March Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment