Wednesday 30 June 2010

Dianna Update and a New Gadget

I continue to work away on the Dianna shawl. I'm almost finished the last tier before I do the triangle tier, then I'll be done!
 This pattern could be easily modified for any small lace pattern in the square and certainly any weight of yarn could be used. Normally a lace pattern would be lost using a yarn with so many colours but because there are little squares, each one has its own colour which actually brings out the lace pattern.

I'm also quite excited about my newest gadget.
It's a 3G 32GB iPod Touch!

My old Palm T3 hasn't been holding a charge that well so I've been deliberating when to replace it. I finally 'bit the bullet' and bought it the day after we returned from our NY state trip. 

I spent hours the other night trying to figure out how to transfer the 232 contacts from my  Palm so I wouldn't have to painstakingly do them all by hand. After doing several searches online, updating my iTunes and iPod software (a couple of times), changing settings, consulting with my tech support guru (my sister, Valerie) via msn Messenger, a lot of gnashing of teeth and exasperated sighing, I finally got the job done in the wee hours of the morning. Now I spend a lot of time looking for WiFi hot zones.

Earlier that day, I was able to make my first Skype call on it. And this morning, I was able to check my e-mail without having to even get out of bed!

I have uploaded a few free knitting apps and am now deciding which ones I might want to buy. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Is there a link to the pattern information for that lovely, lovely shawl?

    ReplyDelete