Tuesday 1 June 2010

Getting ready for the Fair

I have decided to enter 5 knitted items and my yarny Christmas wreath in the 2010 Brooklin Spring Fair Homecraft Competition for judging. I've never entered the Homecraft competition of a fair before but I've often wondered how to go about doing it.

The Homecraft Prize Booklet was available at all branches of the public library and a weed and feed store. The entry form deadline was April 23. A couple of weeks later I received my entry tags in the mail.
















For the knitted items, I am required to attach yarn samples of at least 4 inches in length. It took me a while to locate the left-over yarn (and I fudged on one of them) but I'm all ready to go.

These are going to be my entries:

1. Adult graphed sweater knit - Icelandic Star sweater knit with Cascade 220 yarn.


















2. Adult cardigan - Must Have Cardigan with Patons Classic Merino Wool.



















3. Adult hat - Brooklyn Tweed's Beaumont Tam using Alpakka yarn.


















4. Mitts - Moose in Winter designed by Jorid Linvik using Sisu sock yarn



5. Any item not mentioned - Knit -- Evelyn A. Clark's Angel Lace Shawl.


6. Christmas wreath.


I didn't get Skip's St. Moritz sweater done in time. I wanted to do a good job rather than rush through and possibly make a heinous mistake so I substituted the Icelandic Star cardigan instead. I'll be surprised if I win anything for that but it was worth a shot.

I'm submitting them tomorrow evening. They will be judged on Thursday from 11am to 6pm. At 6pm Thursday, I'll find out if I win anything. Keep your fingers crossed!

The fair runs from June 3 - 6, so if you're going through the Homecraft section, keep an eye out for my items.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, Geri.

    I bet you are going to walk away with 5 ribbons, and at least 2 first places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely...I saw your grey cardigan at the Spin In! I luv that hat....beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! That Icelandic Star sweater is great, love the aubergine purple.

    ReplyDelete