Sunday 6 June 2010

Spinning @ Gemini Fibres

Yesterday I made the very pleasant drive up to Mount Albert to attend a Spin In at Gemini Fibres.  There were 6 of us, including the proprietor, Tanis. It was very relaxing sitting around, yakking and spinning. I also met Emily, who is now a new Ravelry friend.  I enjoyed dedicating the time to finishing spinning the Ashford merino/silk fibre that I had purchased last October at the last spinning event I attended in Campbellford. I am using a borrowed wheel and had only half-finished spinning the fibre so I wanted to get it finished in case the owner wants her wheel back sometime soon. I got a lot done at the Spin In but finished the spinning later last night and got the plying done this morning. The result is 92g and 243yd. of mulberry-coloured loveliness. (If I do say so myself)
I also bought some fibre while I was there.

On the left is some Louet Merino/Silk in Princess Blue (more denim-coloured than the photo shows). On the right is some more Ashford Merino/Silk in Peppercorn. I'm trying to break out of my blue and purple fixation so a nice green with flecks of orange and black were my attempt at that.

And now back to my knitting...

2 comments:

  1. Such pretty yarnz! I am jealous of your time. I can't seem to find enough hours in the day to knit never mind unearth the Lendrum...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Dang, I had planned to go to the Gemini Spin in but didnt make it in the end, I would have met you there!

    ReplyDelete