Sunday 13 June 2010

Sekku

I received a ball of yarn the other day and have been deciding what to knit with it. It's a new Noro yarn called Sekku.

It's a multicoloured yarn with fairly wide bands of colour. Brown, white, turquoise, lemongrass, red, dark blue, yellow, etc.

There are 420m on the 50g ball. What does that mean? It's cobweb weight. Great for diaphanous lace yet the many colours would overpower a lace pattern... a lovely cotton, wool, nylon and silk blend. Thank goodness for pointy knitting needles.

I started an Adamas shawl with it but didn't think the lace would show up that well. Then I thought of the Dianna shawl pattern. I think it's going to work.
The yarn has the typical consistency of all other Noro yarns I've used - a single with thick and thin spots that is quite strong. The 'blob' doesn't look like much now but it's a neat entrelac-ish pattern (free on Ravelry) that makes a reversible triangular scarf/shawl.

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of that yarn (that's what happens when one only uses their own handspun). I do luv the Noro colours!

    ReplyDelete