Tuesday 22 June 2010

Sekku Shawl

I continue to work on the Dianna Shawl using Sekku cobweb weight yarn. I'm about half done and figure I have about 4 more tiers to go until I run out of yarn. This is a 2' by 2' foam tile so each leaf measures about 2.5" x 2.5" when blocked.

Here, the yellow leaf has a reverse stocking stitch background.
And here, the green leaf has a stocking stitch background.
The leaves themselves are done in garter stitch. I think it's great I'll only have two strands of yarn to weave in - at the beginning and at the end.

The yarn itself is lovely and soft. I think it will make a very lovely shawlette.

3 comments:

  1. I am always impressed with this kind of kniting. it looks so fancy! purty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful Geri...a work of art :-)
    Are you going to the Black Lamb spin in in July?

    ReplyDelete