Friday 13 May 2016

Baa-ble Hat Update

I finished knitting the Baa-ble Hat last November. It was a quick knit once I got the gauge right.  
For the white and blue, I used yarns I had acquired in Ireland at various knitting workshops - Studio Donegal's Donegal Aran Tweed. The green was Berrocco  Ultra Alpaca.

When I was last at Michaels, I had a 50% discount coupon and purchased this Clover pom pom maker set with the pom pom for this hat in mind.
However, I didn't have enough of the blue yarn left to make a pom pom. What to do. What to do. So I got on Ravelry and looked up the yarn in peoples' stashes and actually found two people who had the exact same yarn colour and dye lot in their stashes. 
I emailed msdoodie in New Jersey first (the other person is in the UK) to see if she could spare me some of her yarn and she mailed it out to me last week. It arrived yesterday - woo hoo!

I tried a couple of test pom poms with other yarn and decided to use the smaller pom pom maker for a 2 1/2" pom pom.

Ta da!! All done!


And in about 6 months it will be cold enough to wear it. Thank you, Liz!

No comments:

Post a Comment