Friday 13 May 2016

Other Loot

Last Friday on our way to the MDSWF, Jen and I stopped at several yarn stores and a stitchery shop along our route. I didn't buy something at every store but found a couple of unique things to take away.

At the Black Sheep Yarn Shop, in Timonium MD, this fingering weight gradient set from Frabjous Fibers called to me.
Jen and I spent over an hour in The Stitching Post in Catonsville, MD. I could have bought several charts or kits there but only came away with this little bead and perforated paper kit.


Two doors away from The Stitching Post, Clover Hill Yarn shop had lots of beautiful samples knit up. They were packing up and getting ready to set up their booth for the festival. Who knew Noro is now selling wheels of pencil roving? Apparently there are two strands of roving all wound up ready to be knit as is or spun into singles and possibly plied. In retrospect, I picked a pretty drab colourway but can use a coordinating yarn when I ever get this spun up and decide to knit with it.
The person at the cash register had a very interesting brioche infinity scarf that I'd love to knit. Unfortunately, she hadn't written up the pattern yet. I guess I should learn how to competently knit two-colour brioche first.

No comments:

Post a Comment