Wednesday 25 May 2016

It's My Blogiversary!!


This Friday will mark the 9th anniversary of me nattering on about my life as a retiree and fanatical knitter, etc. and many of the things I do to occupy my time now that I am retired.

I never really expected to have a lot of followers. I was happy just to be recording the products of my many hours of knitting - the highs and the lows - as well as a lot of the other fun things I've been doing. In my head, I'm just chatting with someone who is interested in what I'm doing.

I now realize it is a pictorial chronicle of my last nine years and has been quite handy when I try to figure out what I did when or what I knit when. etc. The 'search this blog' feature at the right has come in handy more than once.

I have had some lulls in my blogging but never more than a couple of weeks. At other times I've done multiple posts in a day (like today) to keep up with what I've been doing.

I apologize to non-knitters who stumble onto this blog and hope the knitters aren't too bummed out when I do a lot of posts about birding, travel, and other non-knitting issues.

For those of you who read me regularly, I thank you and hope you've enjoyed the glimpse into my life that I am very grateful for. Skip and I know we are very fortunate to be enjoying relatively good health, a modest lifestyle, and the ability to still travel to places both near and far.

For those of you wondering what to do once you have retired, DO WHAT YOU LOVE! As much and as often as possible. Life is what you make of it. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog Geri. Happy Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete