Monday 24 October 2016

Sneaky Knitting

I will be attending a stitching weekend this coming weekend with several members of the Trillium Embroidery Guild.  I have a few stitching projects that I'll be taking but also hope to get some knitting done. I haven't decided if I'll take my spinning wheel.

I saw a beautiful sample of Lisa Hannes' 'Silverleaf' shawl at the Woodstock Fibre Festival (Woolstock).
c. Lisa Hannes
 I raided my stash and found this lovely skein of Riverside Studio 80/20 Superwash Merino/Nylon sock yarn that I thought would work nicely.
There is no colourway on the label but it's a rich blend of reds and oranges.
I won this yarn two years ago at the Needler's Retreat. That's the knitting retreat that I attended with Jen1 and where we met Jen2 and our plans for attending Rhinebeck 2015 together began formulation.

I'm almost done the body of my Icelandic sweater. I hope to do some short rows on the back before starting the yoke section so the neck will sit a little higher. I have a vague idea how to do it and am still doing more research. It will also be attending the stitching retreat with me.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for such 'thoughtful' posts. I have unsubscribed to so many blogs lately as they seem to have gotten too much into making money and forgot what the original intent was for their blog. I just wanted you to know.

    I look forward to hearing all about your retreat. Blessings! Goldie Barrett

    ReplyDelete